Sunday, August 28, 2011

Home sweet home

As usual...I'm tired haha
Then again when am I not?

So Friday I left for Korea on a mission to surprise my sister since she was finally moving to korea to start school. She had a suspicion she said but honestly she had no clue I was going to meet her in Korea, nor did she know my mother was going to go as well. In fact I hadnt known my mother was going to be going so it was supposed to be a surprise for me as well but she had set up a responce email and hadnt expected me to email her...but I did...so her surprise was ruined several hours before we met up. I was excited for meeting up with my family and when they waltzed on through the gate I was so happy to see everyone. My sister didnt hear me nor see me the first time I called out however my parents did and when she looked up to see who my parents were talking to she exclaimed that "she knew it"...yeah whatever knew it my ass.

After meeting up we all packed into a taxi and realized as we drove the hour and some minutes to the hotel that driving in Korea was much like driving in China...wild and crazy and almost completely rule-less. Seriously the way they drove sometimes nearly gave us a heart attack, U-turns and speeding and all the honking. Anyway, We got to our nice hotel, checked in, and went to our rooms to relax for a little before we went out to go find a place to eat. We ended up at a Korean BBQ place where we ordered a load of food and caught up a tiny bit over some Bi-bim-bap and a bunch of meat. Friday wasnt so eventful being as they were bound to be jet lagged and it was getting kind of late so we went back to the hotel after eating and my sister and I watched Mnet and Superstar K and then stayed up forever chatting like we used to.

Saturday we went to get my sister checked into her dorm and to start shopping for the things she would need for said dormitory, we headed to a couple places, popped around to buy things and ate a boat load of food along the way. That was partially my fault since I was craving korean and stuffing my face like a little piglet. We headed around the markets to see what was there and then made our way back to the hotel in the evening to relax a little. Sunday was shopping for the rest of her things and then finally moving into her dorm with all of her stuff, and meeting her roommate. I'm proud of my sister and I know this is going to help her grow so I wish her luck in her adventure. This is where we parted ways and I teared up because this has always been her dream and it was all coming true. I know she'll do well.

I spent the night alone in the hotel, curled up in bed and then had to wake up at 4:40 am so I could catch the bus that takes me to the airport since its an hour away. I said goodbye to my mother where i teared up again because I'm the biggest mama girl and then I rode the bus to the airport where I got all checked in and then headed for my gate. I ate my last bowl of Bi-Bim-Bap in Korea and then boarded my flight. I sat next to a korean boy named Kim Hyunjoon who was also a foreign student in Japan but who lived in Nagasaki. We chatted through out the flight about all sorts of things before we landed in Japan and everyone deplaned. HyunJoon stayed with me as we went through customs, talking away with me even as we got our suitcases and then even as we rode the bus and then the train where we exchanged numbers before we parted ways when he got off at Hakata.

I snaked my way through Tenjin back to the Nishitetsu line, got my train and then danced my way back here to my dorm where I layed around for a little. I hadnt realized how much I missed home so much until I got back, I really enjoy where I live and I love living in Japan in general, Korea is totally not my city, it's fun but it's not my city. Now I'm watching Pretty little liars, lazing around and probably about to do some homework since I have a bunch to get done, not to mention a test tomorrow and classes...ugh...I'm tired from just thinking about it.

-dead-

No comments:

Post a Comment