Friday, July 22, 2011

Ahhh~ ごめん!

ごめんなさい!
I haven't written much! Sorry! I have been busy, but I thought today to blog.

Blog about what?

About things I find intresting~ Haha.

But first, a quick update on my oh so boring life. Everyday I catch my train at 12:21 to head to Ogori so I can get there on time, I've realized it's about a 15 minute ride with the express so I always end up at school a little early~ Being early here in Japan can be considered a good thing since being late anyway is kinda bad. I know if I am late to class they have said in the rules they will not let me attend class then, though they do let you still stay in class I'm pretty sure you get a stern talking to. Either way, Because my class (all of 2 people LOL) has to play catch up with the April class we only have 夏休み (Natsuyasumi or rather summer break) between the 6th and the 21st of next month, where as the other classes have from today to the 29th of next month. Me and my other classmate are basically working our asses off during their break so that when they come back on August 29th we can merge into their class.

It is...tiring haha.

So far we've gotten a lot of homework. We usually have 4 classes, from 1:15 to 4:40 and 2 teachers, 河の先生 and 石田先生. Kawano-sensei (河の) is wild and fun, She's an older woman and she really knows how to teach, she's quick but makes sure to explain every bit of Kanji, its fantastic because she's so funny and just fun in general. Ishida-sensei (石田) is this tiny adorable woman, She lives in Ohashi where I used to live and so yesterday I met her on the way home and had a great chat while we rode the express until I had to get off at Shimoori. She's sweet but stern and also a lot of fun, she always talks with me about weird things like eating chicken feet or eating bear meat in hokkaido, it's a lot of fun talking with her. All the teaches in NILS are pretty awesome, Fuchita-sensei also has wildly weird convos with me, like stuff about going to maid cafes and such, everyday I say good morning to him in a high pictched voice since he had once imitated a girl like that. Hirao-sensei is this bad ass fast talking little ball of energy of a woman, she teaches quick but well...and the most awesome thing? She rides a motorcycle...a red one, and today I watched her ride off into the sunset on it. It was pretty awesome, I think Im in love hahaha.

Susuki-sensei is this cute adorable woman who is very strict in teaching, she always makes me straighten my paper and such but I dont mind. She loves cats and stuff like me so we talk about that every once in a while. There's a couple more like Yano-sensei and Miyazaki-sensei but we'll just leave it at "awesome people, cool teachers, great coversations." So moving on, to sum up my days, I go to school, finish school, meet up with Adrian (sometimes Thorne or my other classmate) and go eat, or do something fun, after I come home, eat, talk and laugh and hang out with girls from my housing, and then sit around in my room watching TV...Like now...LOLOL at Harry potter in japanese, I have to laugh.

So on to things I find weird..yeah.

First of all since I watch a lot of TV...commercials are...Hilarious. For example...Chocoball:

The Chocoball commercial I usually see has to do with them on the top of a builiding...in which the bird turns around and suddenly has laser eyes as it nearly beams the one guy off of the tower, its kinda...funny as hell.

For your enjoyment...the banana commercial..no words....just watch it.
There's a million other commercials I love but to have them all here would be the longest video line ever. Just Youtube Japanese Commercials and you'll have laughs for hours.

Another thing I find intresting is Japanese people themselves.
For example...When getting on the train, they will sometimes book it to get inside and snag a seat. By book it I mean in the polietest way possible they sneak/slip past you as quickly as they can to get in the train car and then just toss them selves down like nothing happened. It's funny watching all the older ladies shuffle on quickly to steal a seat they eyed. Another thing, now this is just a culture shock kind of thing, "Bless you" or any other form of it is not said when someone sneezes, nothing in fact is said and so it is extreamly awkward when I sneeze and then expect a "bless you" or something like from my friend who I'm talking to...only for her to just go on talking like nothing happened. I think it's funny.
Also, just in general, how polite Japan is, just for a small bump on the shoulder I get 10+ "sumimasen" and 20+ bows.

Japanese Television...Yes this kind of ties in with the commercials bit but whatever I do what I want LOL.
Recently on Saturdays I get to watch my show...Aka Arashi ni Shiyagare which loosly translate into Arashi (the group name) Just do it. The show is all unscripted and improve, Arashi has no idea who is coming until the show has started and the guest arrives, funny insues. That however is not the point,(since it's not really crazy? and I just love arashi) Usually what seems to be possible as of lately is Doctor dramas, Music shows, or...these extreamly intresting "truth or lie" shows. What happens is they tell you a story, "such and such ate a 1 day expired icecream and when she woke up she had horrible red spots all over her skin, open sores, and she could hardly breathe" They provide a dramatized version of the story and then ask "Shiro? Kuro?" Shiro is truth Kuro is lie. That story turned out to be truth, but either way, sometimes the stories that they come up with are giggle worthy.
Other popular things on TV include lots of gag and then one really heartfelt story about something. This one show makes me die with cuteness of animals or other things, kittens and such and then makes me boohoo after with this sad story of an animals life. Best...show...ever.

One thing popular here in Japan is easy things.
If it's easy people like it. So thus cup noodles, cup curry, food you have to heat up, or anything of the like, people love. Esp. if it's easy AND cheap. Hair dye in the form of foam, full meals you can get heated up at the 7/11 or Lawson, anything of that sort, is the bomb diggity here. Also anything with a fancy name, or with fancy ingredients is pretty boss too. Stuff with english on it, or with big vitamin names "Arginine" or just "amino" is gobbled up here. Things that are "good for you" are also really popular. Collogine drinks, vitamin drinks, healthy drinks, energy jelly...all my friends like these sorts of things...as well as other people I have met, and I kinda like them too so LOL.

One last weird thing I find here is Japan...candy.
They have all kinds, gummies, hard candies gums...but that obviously isnt weird to me at all. No, no, no...it's what they flavor their candies. Okonomiyaki (which is a pancake like food with lettuce and squid and sauce and mayonaise and such) Beef, Chicken, Pork, Bacon, Fish, Spices, Curry, all these have been flavors for candies...it's ridiculous. There are the usual root beer, icecream, those kinds...but I have seen some pretty crazy ones.

Since tomorrow is Saturday I will clean my room and such, so when I'm done with that I will make a video on my room and where I live. Dont expect this epic room since I have yet to really decorate but I wanted to show friends and other family my room. So till then! Byyyeee

No comments:

Post a Comment